We work across through multiple instances in Oracle E-Business Suite such as Development, SIT, UAT, Pre-Prod or Prod, depending on the decision taken by project leaders. Having different instances opened at the same time may create confusion or sometimes ambiguity in copying data. To change interface color of instances can help you get rid of these confusions and ambiguities.
Note: Interface color can be changed at Site, Application, Responsibility, Server, Organization and User Levels.
Steps to change interface color of Oracle E-Business suite instance are given below
1) Go to System Administrator responsibility
2) Navigate to System Administrator → Profile → System
3) Check Display level as Site and query for Java Look and Feel profile option
4) It will be set to either null or Generic or Oracle
5) If Java Look and Feel profile option is set to Generic then no color scheme will apply to the interface. So either keep it as Null or change it to Oracle
6) Now again from System Profile Option screen query for profile option Java Color Scheme
7) Change it to whatever color scheme you like as given in List of Values (For this example, let’s select it to blue)
8) Save the form and exit
9) Either logout and login again to the instance or change the responsibility to notice the color change
Few Profile Options that are good to know
FND: Indicator Colors
By default, this profile option is set to Yes. The color scheme rule of this profile option is as follows:
- All mandatory fields are displayed in yellow
- Color of queryable fields during Enter-Query mode is different
- Fields which are disabled are shown in Gray
Options Available: Yes and No
Java Color Scheme
Java Color Scheme profile option can be set anything from below list of values
Important: Other than Swan if any other color scheme is set for Java Color Scheme profile option, system response time can be increased.
Java Look and Feel
This profile option consists of two values
- Generic: If a value is set as Generic then Java Color Scheme profile option will not have any effect.
- Oracle: Setting up this profile option to Oracle will generate effects of Java Color Scheme.
If you liked the above post, please leave your comments below.
Hi I am Paras.
Thanks for stopping by at OracleMine.com. Speaking about my brief introduction, I work for a multinational organisation in Oracle related technologies. Being an avid blogger, I would like to inform you about my productivity and motivational blog XpressPlanet.com. Speaking of OracleMine.com, I will try my best to share knowledge on technologies in as simple and understandable manner as possible. You can also contribute your knowledge on OracleMine by writing to us at email@example.com. Again I appreciate your visit. Hope to see you again and again!