In this article we will see how to create shift for employees in Oracle HRMS. It is a very simple task.
What is Shift?
Working schedules of employees is defined using shifts. Some of us might have worked in different kind of shifts during our job. For instance, some operations have an early, middle, and a late shift. Some operations also require an employee to come on weekend shift. You can define as many shifts as needed in Oracle HRMS.
- Log on to the Oracle E-Business Suite Application.
- Go to XX HRMS Manager responsibility.
- Navigate to Work Structures -> Work Schedules -> Schedule Repository -> Shift
- In the Shift Summary page, click on “Create Shift” button
- In the “Create Shift” page, provide a unique shift name and a brief description on the shift.
E.g. In this case it is TEST_DAY_SHIFT
- For the “Category” field select the value “Available (Free)” from the drop-down list.
- Provide the appropriate “Start Time” and “End Time” along with the “Duration”.
- You should also provide a “Short Name” corresponding to the shift you are creating.
- Once you have entered all the information, click on “Apply” and complete the action.
- Query your shift. It will look something like this
Next step after creating shift is to create schedule pattern
Hope you like the article and find it useful. We highly appreciate comments and feedback.
Hi I am Paras.
Thanks for stopping by at OracleMine.com. Speaking about my brief introduction, I work for a multinational organisation in Oracle related technologies. Being an avid blogger, I would like to inform you about my productivity and motivational blog XpressPlanet.com. Speaking of OracleMine.com, I will try my best to share knowledge on technologies in as simple and understandable manner as possible. You can also contribute your knowledge on OracleMine by writing to us at email@example.com. Again I appreciate your visit. Hope to see you again and again!