In this tutorial we will see how to create shifts for employees in Oracle HRMS. It is a very task.
What is Shift?
Working schedules of employees is defined using shifts. Some of us might have worked in different kind of shifts during our job. For instance, some operations have an early, middle, and a late shift. Some operations also require an employee to come on weekend shift. You can define as many shifts as needed in Oracle HRMS.
How to Create Shift?
- Log on to the Oracle E-Business Suite Application.
- Go to UK HRMS Manager responsibility.
- Navigate to Work Structures -> Work Schedules -> Schedule Repository -> Shift
- In the Shift Summary page, click on “Create Shift” button.
- In the “Create Shift” page, provide a unique shift name and a brief description on the shift.
E.g. In this case it is TEST_DAY_SHIFT
- For the “Category” field select the value “Available (Free)” from the drop-down list.
- Provide the appropriate “Start Time” and “End Time” along with the “Duration”.
- You should also provide a “Short Name” corresponding to the shift you are creating.
- Once you have entered all the information, click on “Apply” and complete the action.
- Query your shift. It will look something like this
Hope you like the article and find it useful. We highly appreciate comments and feedback.