Oracle E-Business Suite screens shows fields such as effective start date and effective end date to maintain the history of records. Most of screens in Oracle E-Business Suite’s HRMS module have this feature.
While working in Oracle HRMS, you might sometimes come across a situation to delete current or most recent assignment record of an employee. Let us see here how to do it:
John Doe is an employee whose current assignment is starting from 01-JAN-2018 to 31-DEC-4712.
Below are his previous two assignments
01-JAN-2017 to 31-DEC-2017
01-JAN-2016 to 31-DEC-2016
Steps to Follow
- Go to Path: XX HRMS Manager -> People -> Enter and Maintain
- Search for employee John Doe
- Open Assignment screen of that employee by clicking on Assignment button
- Change effective start date to one day previous of existing effective start date. In our case it will be 31-DEC-2017 as effective end date and 01-JAN-2016 as effective start date
- Press Delete button located at the top of your screen
- You will get a popup message “Do you really want to delete this record?” with three options
- Press Next
- Save the record
- Re-query the record again for John Doe. The effective start date will be 01-JAN-2016 and effective end date will be 31-DEC-4712
Next option will delete only immediate next record of assignment for an employee. In our case it deleted record starting from 01-JAN-2018
All option will remove multiple future assignments of that employee from existing effective record.
If existing record of John Doe is starting from 01-JAN-2016 to 31-DEC-2016 then pressing ALL will delete assignments starting from 01-JAN-2017 and 01-JAN-2018.
Thus your assignment record after delete with “All” will start from 01-JAN-2016 to 31-DEC-4712.
Purge will remove the record totally from the system for that employee. The record will be deleted from database.
Hope you like the article and find it useful. We highly appreciate comments and feedback.
Hi I am Paras.
Thanks for stopping by at OracleMine.com. Speaking about my brief introduction, I work for a multinational organisation in Oracle related technologies. Being an avid blogger, I would like to inform you about my productivity and motivational blog XpressPlanet.com. Speaking of OracleMine.com, I will try my best to share knowledge on technologies in as simple and understandable manner as possible. You can also contribute your knowledge on OracleMine by writing to us at email@example.com. Again I appreciate your visit. Hope to see you again and again!