Just as Procure to Pay cycle covers the purchasing part of an organization, Order to Cash cycle covers the sales part of the enterprise resource planning process. The cycle of Order to Cash is a part of Order Management module in Oracle E-Business Suite. When a company sells its services or products to a customer flow of that data occurs through O2C Cycle. For an organization or conglomerate Order to Cash cycle is one of the important parts of the business as it is inevitable to maintain sales records for deciding future strategy. It is also abbreviated as O2C cycle. We will have an overview of O2C cycle from the interview perspective in brief as it is one of commonly asked questions in Order Management interviews.
Steps of Order to Cash Cycle
- Enter Sales Order: Enter the sales related information such as lines (with product details) and create a Sales Order
- Book Sales Order: Finalize the Sales Order by booking it
- Pick Release: Find the items or products and release the order
- Pick Confirm: Confirmation of items being picked / released from the inventory
- Ship Confirm: Confirmation of items or products being shipped
- Invoice Creation: Create invoice using Auto Invoice Import program or manually
- Close Sales Order: The Sales Order is closed and the order is complete
Tables in Order to Cash Cycle
Enter Sales Order
Book Sales Order
OE_ORDER_HEADERS_ALL: Flow_Status_Code – Booked
OE_ORDER_LINES_ALL: Flow_Status_Code – Awaiting Shipping
WSH_DELIVERY_DETAILS: Released_Status – R (Ready to release)
OE_ORDER_LINES_ALL: Flow_Status_Code – Picked
WSH_DELIVERY_DETAILS: Released_Status – S (Submitted for release)
WSH_DELIVERY_DETAILS: Released_Status – Y (Released)
OE_ORDER_LINES_ALL: Flow_Status_Code – Shipped
WSH_DELIVERY_DETAILS: Released_Status – C (Shipped)
Close Sales Order
OE_ORDER_LINES_ALL: Flow_Status_Code – Closed
- Price: $22.45Was: $39.50
- Price: $18.99Was: $29.99
Hope you like this article and find it useful. We highly appreciate comments and feedback.
Hi I am Paras.
Thanks for stopping by at OracleMine.com. Speaking about my brief introduction, I work for a multinational organisation in Oracle related technologies. Being an avid blogger, I would like to inform you about my productivity and motivational blog XpressPlanet.com. Speaking of OracleMine.com, I will try my best to share knowledge on technologies in as simple and understandable manner as possible. You can also contribute your knowledge on OracleMine by writing to us at email@example.com. Again I appreciate your visit. Hope to see you again and again!