Here is the small tip you may find helpful when you are an experienced or new developer who just recently learned Oracle Forms. I will show you how to set SYSDATE as default in Text Item in Oracle Forms.
Steps to set SYSDATE as default in Text Item
- Open Oracle Forms 6i or above
- Connect to database (You can also perform this without connecting to database but you will not be able to see its effect)
- Go to your Block
- Go to your Item on which you want to default SYSDATE
- Right Click on Item to open Property Palette
- Under Data section, ensure that your Data Type property is Date, if it is Char then change it to Date
- Go to Format Mask property under same section
- Enter $$date$$ in Format Mask property
- Compile the form and run to see the result
If you enjoy the above post, leave your comments below. Your suggestions and feedback are valuable to us.
Hi I am Paras.
Thanks for stopping by at OracleMine.com. Speaking about my brief introduction, I work for a multinational organisation in Oracle related technologies. Being an avid blogger, I would like to inform you about my productivity and motivational blog XpressPlanet.com. Speaking of OracleMine.com, I will try my best to share knowledge on technologies in as simple and understandable manner as possible. You can also contribute your knowledge on OracleMine by writing to us at email@example.com. Again I appreciate your visit. Hope to see you again and again!