Here is the small tip you may find helpful when you are an experienced or new developer who just recently learned Oracle Forms. I will show you how to set SYSDATE as default in Text Item in Oracle Forms.
Steps to set SYSDATE as default in Text Item
- Open Oracle Forms 6i or above
- Connect to database (You can also perform this without connecting to database but you will not be able to see its effect)
- Go to your Block
- Go to your Item on which you want to default SYSDATE
- Right Click on Item to open Property Palette
- Under Data section, ensure that your Data Type property is Date, if it is Char then change it to Date
- Go to Format Mask property under same section
- Enter $$date$$ in Format Mask property
- Compile the form and run to see the result
If you enjoy the above post, leave your comments below. Your suggestions and feedback are valuable to us.